- FIIB hosted the final leg of the 2nd edition of Meraki (pan India B-Plan competition for students) and Entrepreneurship Summit at FIIB on 15th & 16th March 2013.
- From about 70 high-quality b-plans received from institutions like the IIM’s, IIT’s, University of Delhi, JamnaLal Bajaj, IMI, BITS Pilani, IMT, among others, top 10 teams presented their plans to a panel of investors.
- After a grilling round of Q&A, all the teams received valuable feedback on how to better their business plans and the commercialization potential. While the top 10 plans ranged from providing innovative products, solutions for Indian farmers/agriculture economy, to innovative apps for mobile, to creative food and retail businesses, 3 teams emerged on top.
- Mr. Alok Mittal – Managing Director Canaan India
- Mr. Amit Khosla – Managing Director, AsiaBridge
- Mr. Manish Kheterpal – Chairman FIIB; Ex-Director, Providence Equity, Actis Advisors and Rho Ventures
- Mr. Maninder Gulati – Senior Associate, Lightspeed Ventures
- Mr. Vishal Dixit -Director, Zephyr Peacock
Rs 1,00,000, Rs 75,000 and Rs 60,000 respectively for the first, second and third prizes
In the end and after intense debate amongst the judges, following 3 teams were awarded FIIB Meraki Fellowships.
Enerture , Great Lakes IEMR (Solving India’s Power Problems Through Commercial Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Products fed by Solar Power)
Rainmakers, Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (Financial Solutions For Indian Farmers Through Forward Contracts, Micro-Lending And Crop Insurance)
Cloudwhyte, IIT Kharagpur (Innovative Location-Based And Personalized Mobile Apps For Mall Retailers And Shoppers)
Team Name Team’s Institution
Crossroad Vendors IMI, New Delhi
Rural Rocks IIM , Ranchi
RainMakers Jamnalal Bajaj, Mumbai
MyTi University of DelhiEnactusHansraj College, DU, New Delhi
Tilzmatic Tech IMI, New Delhi
Cloudwhyte IIT Kharagpur
Enerture Great Lakes, Chennai
The Pathfinders VGSoM IIT KharagpurFarmers FriendGreat Lakes, Chennai