Meraki (Annual Business Plan Competition) aims to stimulate entrepreneurship among students. Teams are challenged to conceive of a new service or product offering, and then create a business plan and concept pitch video aimed at convincing potential investors to finance the business.
Each year, the three best submissions are selected by a jury of business professionals and academics to compete in the Final Round.
Participants in the Business Plan Competition benefit in a variety of ways:
- Access to invitation-only workshops designed to help develop a strategic plan, marketing plan & financial plan — the core elements of a viable business plan partnered by Icreate (https://www.icreate.org.in/).
- Guidance from other entrepreneurs and business owners who serve as mentors during the competition partners by Venture Catalysts (venturecatalysts.in) & WaterBridge Ventures (https://www.waterbridge.vc/)
- An opportunity to earn seed money and a chance to qualify for Social Business Creation Competition 2022 (https://socialbusinesscreation.hec.ca/) for that can be used to help launch your Big business idea.
- Expand your networks and meet other student entrepreneurs from around the world, as well as our honoured guests who are top venture capitalists and angel investors.
- Media Exposure from local and national media attention for yourself and your business.
Meraki is the Annual B-Plan competition conducted by FIIB, New Delhi which offers a stage for budding innovators of today to become successful entrepreneurs of tomorrow. Meraki is a Business Plan Competition for students with exceptional venture ideas. It is organized and conducted by FIIB’s Centre for Innovation & Entrepreneurship which is focused on creating an ecosystem of entrepreneurial thoughts and mindsets and an engagement platform for FIIB stakeholders, innovators, and entrepreneurs. This is Meraki’s 11th edition. During this time, it has grown at an exponential rate of 600% – from 361 registrations in 2012 to 4000 in 2022!
Key Dates of Meraki 2022:
|17th Jan 2022||Registrations begin|
|7th Feb 2022||Registrations end. Submission of Full Business Plan along with 2-minute Video.|
|7th – 15th Feb 2022||Evaluation|
|15th Feb 2022||Results announced, Selection of top 60 submissions/td>|
|16th – 24th Feb 2022||2nd round of evaluation|
|25th Feb 2022||Final 10 to 12 teams announced|
|25th Feb – 6th March 2022||Structured mentoring for each team to prepare them for the final event|
|12th March 2022||Finale|
|1st Prize||INR 1, 50,000 + Trophy + Certificate of Recognition|
|2nd Prize||INR 1, 00, 000 + Trophy + Certificate of Recognition|
|3rd Prize||INR 50,000 + Trophy + Certificate of Recognition|