- The 4th edition of MERAKI was successfully conducted on 30th and 31st January 2015
- MERAKI (2015) received 182 high-quality business plans from various colleges including few international colleges
- MERAKI’S 4th edition included judges like Mr. Alok Mittal (Investor and Entrepreneur), Mr. Vishal Dixit (Mayfield), Mr. Sarbvir Singh (Capital 18), Mr. Amit Khosla (AsiaBridge Capital), Anshoo Sharma (Lightspeed), Mr. Manish Kheterpal (ex Rho, Actis, Providence & Rho Ventures) and Mr. Anshoo Sharma (Lightspeed Venture Partners)
- MERAKI’S Top 12 Finalists in 2015 included a wide array of business plans – from women safety device, to mobile application which allows a user to access media files from multiple devices of their phonebook contacts, to a service strategy that is devised for the unorganized sector-Beauty and SPA facilities at doorstep, to an e-retailing website and many other innovative B plans.
- The teams received valuable advice and feedback from the top investors and entrepreneurs which helped teams to further plan their business strategically.
- During MERAKI, the semifinalists and FIIB students got an opportunity to attend an interactive workshop with Mr. Anshoo Sharma, Principal, Lightspeed Venture Partners on “Tips for Budding Entrepreneurs”.
- Alok Mittal – Investor and Entrepreneur
- Amit Khosla – Managing Director, AsiaBridge Capital
- Anshoo Sharma – Principal, Lightspeed Venture Partners
- Manish Kheterpal – Ex-Director, Providence Equity Partners; Ex-Principal, Actis Advisors and Rho Ventures
- Sarbvir Singh – Managing Director, Capital 18
- Vishal Dixit – MF Advisors Partner Partner, Mayfield Venture
- Top 3 teams were felicitated with the fellowship of Rs 1, 50,000, Rs 1, 00,000 and Rs 50,000 respectively for the first, second and third prize respectively
- First Prize – Rs 1,50,000– GameStop (Shri Ram College of Commerce)The Team was represented by Mr. Yashash Agarwal of Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi. He presented his plan, on a mobile-based social network for casual games where users can play games without downloading apps.
- Second Prize – Rs 1,00,000– Weekend Works-Junkart (Shri Ram College of Commerce, New Delhi)The Team was represented by represented by Niraj Gupta, Prashant Dwivedi, Shailendra Singh, Shubham Shah, from Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi. They presented their plan on a concept which includes a whole and sole waste management solution.
- Third Prize Rs ,50,000– Team Genesis (Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai)The Team was represented by Mr. Ankur, Krupi Parekh from Welingkar Institute of Management , Mumbai. They presented their plan on their product of removable and reusable fabric patches for t-shirt.
Top 10 Teams
Team 1 – Mighty Maniacs (Great Lakes Institute of Management, Gurgaon)
Presenting Members: Magdalene Lycia and Sai Swaroop. V.V
Their plan was about a service strategy devised for the unorganised sector – Beauty and Spa facilities at doorstep specially targeted towards professional women who run short of time to groom themselves. The service will be on 24*7 basis, majorly modelled on E-commerce and telesales, initially for B2C market and gradually divulging into B2B.
Team 2 – Higgs Boson (IIM, Indore)
Presenting Members: Arjit Sachdeva, Jitin Kumar, Anusha Ramachandran, Prashant Kumar Sing and Pallavi Kakkar
The B-plan was named Sambhav that was aimed at providing an exclusive platform to rural citizens to sell their products directly to consumers.
Team 3 – Catalyst (KIIT University)
Presenting Members: Anurag Kumar Kyal, Diptish Saha and Anirban Kar
They presented a low cost USB powered touchscreen overlay that can be externally placed over any electronic visual display such as a laptop/computer monitor upgrading the conventional device into a touch enabled one; thereby allowing user to control them with simple touch. a tactile solution for devices.
Team 4 – PocketAd (SRCC, Delhi)
Presenting Members: Yashash Agarwal, Vedant Padia and Rishabh Bararia
PocketAd is an android app that will challenge the tested dimensions of in-game mobile marketing. In addition, the app users who win the game will be given a cash award (₹1-5) that can be used to enable prepaid recharge (talk time, internet packs, and message packs), postpaid bill payment, DTH recharge, and making donations to a select list of NGOs.
Team 5 – NE Mart (FIIB, Delhi)
Presenting Members: Akash Sagolesm
NE Mart is an e-retailing website, aimed at solving the pain-points of North-eastern people staying away from home. The site will sell indigenous products from 7 North-east states in 3 broad categories:
- Handloom products
- Food items
Team 6 – Energy Unified (IIT, Kharagpur)
Presenting Members: Jagdish Chelani, Utpak Pankhania, Srajan Gupta, Soumya Pandit and Sreeman Mypati
They had a plan on technology set to modernize the field of waste treatment & better environmental practices. This technology will modernize the field of Waste treatment and better Environmental practices
Team 7 – Intuigine Technologies (SRCC, Delhi)
Presenting Members: Mrinal Rai, Ayush Aggarwal and Abhishek Sharma
Their B plan talked about the idea of enabling your fingertips to magically control smart devices with simple gestures.
Team 8 – Reach (NSIT, Delhi)
Presenting Members: Akshay Pruthi
Reach is a cross platform mobile application which allows a user to access media files from multiple devices of their phonebook contacts. Their current focus is on music files and we aim at expanding it to all media files.
Team 9 – Tarkari Junction (ISIM, Jaipur)
Presenting Members: Chintan Meghwanshi and Sunil Sharma
Their basic idea was to fulfil the increasing demand of fresh/organic perishables and generate employment for the rural people by making them channel partners in direct selling of agro-produce.
Team 10 – Leaf (IIT, Delhi)
Presenting Members: Paras Batra, Chiraag Kapil, Ayush Banka, Manik Mehta and Avinash Bansal
Having a deep concern for the unsafe condition of women in India, team Leaf came up with a standalone wearable device which combines mobile application and control room to form a security ecosystem for women.
Team 11 – Green Manager (IIFM, Bhopal)
Presenting Members: Haridwar Prasad Chaurasiya
They presented a plan on Bio pesticide, Trichocard, to solve the problems of pesticides and chemicals in our environment.
Team 12 – Findadspot.com (GIM, Goa)
Presenting Members: Vedanshu Goel, Neetika Kataria and Ankur Jhunjhunwala
The team was presented an “Out of Home (OOH)” advertising industry. Findadspot.com will be the first company which would be incorporating google API for geotagging, providing demand analytics and heatmap analysis to the stakeholders involved, and would thus change the way OOH industry functions in India.