- The 8th edition of MERAKI was successfully conducted on 23rd March 2019
- MERAKI (2019) received 219 high-quality business plans from various colleges including few international colleges
- MERAKI’S 8th edition included judges like Mr. Manish Kheterpal, Partner, WaterBridge Ventures, Mr. Vishal Dixit, Ex-Partner, Mayfield Ventures, Mr. Sarbvir Singh, Managing Director, J.P. MORGAN, Mr. Anshoo Sharma, Co-Founder and CEO, MagicPin, Mr.Puru Vashistha, Director, Deal4 Loans & Angel Investor
- MERAKI’S Top 12 Finalists in 2018 included a wide array of business plans based on cloud computing, food, agriculture, e-commerce, mobile-based social network application platforms as well as social initiatives, sustainability issues, waste management and many other innovative ideas.
- The teams received valuable advice and feedback from the top investors and entrepreneurs which helped teams to further plan their business strategically.
- During MERAKI, the semifinalists and FIIB students got an opportunity to attend an interactive workshop with Mr. Anshoo Sharma, Mr. Anshoo Sharma, Co-Founder and CEO, MagicPin on “Entrepreneurship Summit- Workshop on “Lessons for Indian Entrepreneur Start-ups”
- Amit Khosla, Managing Partner, Catalyst
- Anshoo Sharma – Co Founder and CEO, MagicPin
- Ravi Kaushik– Partner,WaterBridge Ventures
- Manish Kheterpal– Partner, WaterBridge Ventures
- Puru Vashistha – Indian Market Investor, Deal4loans
- Sarbvir Singh – Managing Director, J.P. MORGAN
- Vishal Dixit – Ex-Partner, Mayfield Ventures
- Top 3 teams were felicitated with the fellowship of Rs 1, 50,000, Rs 1, 00,000 and Rs 50,000 respectively for the first, second and third prize respectively
- Winner: Inneate from Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
- 1st Runner Up: Re-Plas from IMT Ghaziabad
- 2nd Runner Up : Nervy from Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
Team 1 – Adhikaar from Delhi College of Arts and Commerce
Team Members: Twinkle Theraja, Shivansh Gupta, Priyansha Batra, Krishnanunni P
Description: Team Adhikaar aims to empower women towards a sustainable livelihood breaking, gender stereotypes and resolving the pressing issues of last-mile connectivity and women harassment by pioneering non-polluting women driven communication service.
Team 2 – Book A Plant from Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce
Team Members: Sparsh Agarwal, Gursimran Kaur, Vidit Gupta, Mallika Chadha
Description: It is an online platform which acts as an uber for plants by allowing the customers to make online orders through our website. Through customizable features and speedy delivery, the plants reach your doorsteps within 3-4 business days. As the name suggests, plants can be booked and they will be delivered to your doorstep within 3-5 days. Our USP is Doorstep Delivery, Huge Variety at Affordable Rates along with controlling the pollution levels in the capital of the country and rendering entrepreneurship skills to the nursery plant owners. It aims to supply air purifying saplings to the residential apartments and private lawns and minimal costs.
Team 3 – Capshun from NMIMS
Team Members: Yash Poojary, Aditya Sridhar, Khushmi Chheda
Description: The team is provide the online caption support to enhance the visibility of social media posts, according to survey, Instagram has 120 million daily, 95% of these pictures have a caption to it, still Instagram faces the highest drop off rate when the users reach the ‘write-a-caption’ screen. Hence we developed Capshun, which uses artificial intelligence to generate captions and hashtags which can be shared directly by users on various social media platforms. Within 10 seconds the user is given multiple options to select the perfect caption according to their choice, along with this the users also get to choose the hashtags which are optimised for the best reach. We recently launched our pilot which has received over 20,000 Downloads within just 3 weeks. We plan to foray into multiple languages and increase our database of currently over 10,000 captions.
Team 4 – Fantastic from Seth Jai Parkash Mukand Lal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Radaur, Yamuna Nagar
Team Members: Arjit Singh, Manav Gupta, Manav Gupta
Description: The idea is to make bold step in the whole event management industry. The team are planning to introduce a whole new way to plan out our events from small domestic events to large commercial, hustle-less and cheaper and more flexible.
Team 5 – GarageOnRoad from JSSATE, Noida
Team Members: Prateek Ranjan, Prateeksha Ranjan
Description: GarangeOnRoad is automobile garage aggregator based out of Delhi NCR, we have more than 1200 Garages in Delhi NCR and we also have our pilots running in Lucknow, Jaipur & Agra. Our monthly revenue is 6-8 L per month and currently we are bootstrapped and would love to expand and connect with right mentors and team to scale our business further.
Team 6 – Help Nation from LNCTS Bhopal
Team Members: Shishir Gupta, Pradhyumn Gupta,
Description: ‘Help Nation’ a ‘tele reality show’, & invites teams, to participate in a start-up game-show competition with final goal, â€œTHE EXITâ€. Why ‘9 out of 10 start-ups fail’ because of countless reasons.
Team 7 – Hogworts from IIT Madras
Team Members: Chaitya Patel, Dipam Shah, Satwik Gupta
Description: Web-based platform for hosting University Projects
Team 8 – Inneate from Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
Team Members: Kanupriya Sethi, Abha Herur, Harmeet Gupta
Description: B2B e-commerce in Healthcare
Team 9 – Envirotech from Bhaskaracharya College of Applied Sciences
Team Members: Parth Dave, Rahul Thakur, Vishal
Description: Developing Smart Recycling Kiosks that simplify recycling practices and rewards users.
Team 10 – Nervy from Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
Team Members: Siddharth Nair
Description: Nervy aims be first of its kind across the globe to quantitatively measure progression, prevention and treat Diabetic Neuropathy.
Team 11 – Quick Rey from G. L. Bajaj Institute of Management and Research
Team Members: Priyanka Gupta, Anjali Chauhan,
Description: Changing e-commerce platform from being delivery to pick up.
Team 12 – Re-Plas from IMT Ghaziabad
Team Members: BIJAYETA PATI
Description: The team is working to Provide Low Cost Alternate Construction Material from Waste Plastic to Build Shelters & Homes in India By 2020.